Monday 6 January 2014

Hello Canada !!! Part One - The Trip to Kingston, ON.

It's been a week now, since I have first got a foothold in Canada, precisely in Kingston, ON... And it has already been a whirlwind !!!





I arrived on December 28th, 2013. I left Nice, my hometown in France at 10h35 GMT+1, landed in Paris CDG airport around noon, I had to take a bus to change terminal to finally arrive at the Toronto YYZ flight gate.

I waited a bit and got on the plane. The real adventure had start ! I was in the middle of a  crowd of Indian boys that were all really nice, but that had daring souls - well, at least five of them !

On the plane 


I, then, started to watch a movie or  4 - to be precise (Elysium, We're the Millers, Blue Jasmine, The Heat). On the plane, I ate something that was surprisingly good, steamed salmon with potato&carrot purée, drank to much Coke, and by the time I arrived in Toronto,  I had a heavy headache!


View of Toronto, ON

I went out of the plane, and I queued forever to get through the customs and got my visitor's visa :) I can stay in Canada until June 27th, 2014 !!!

Only then, the race started, I didn't know that I had to go from terminal 1 to terminal 3 in 15 minutes - quite impossible right? I had my big heavy luggage, my christmas-like full hand cabin bag, and my huuuuge handbag to carry with me, plus my winter coat, wellies and other stuff: no need to say that I arrived at the company counter sweating like never before to be said that I might not get my flight unless it was delayed....

And so it was !!! It actually had to take off at 17h55 GMT-5 but it waited until 19h40.


The littlest plane ever !!!

What an adventure it was : the smallest plane I've ever been on, really vintage, from the 40's, I guess. Only one line of seats on each side, a plunging view on the cockpit and on the sky and a terrifying shaking all the way to Kingston. When we landed the plane slipped a little, something really very totally scary when you're on a plane!


A view from the inside...

I then took a taxi, shared with a man that was about to get on a fishing boat for work, and arrived at my "future/ex" place...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share :)
xx, Victoria